Need to add a user in Google Analytics? It’s not as difficult as it seems!
Google Analytics is an internet marketer’s best friend. The reports that are generated are essential to the direction of your website’s marketing efforts. If you’re unfamiliar with Google Analytics and the power that it holds, check out our “Introduction to Google Analytics” post and get familiar with what it can provide for you and your marketing team.
For those of you already familiar with the platform, adding a user to your account is something that our SEO and web design team gets asked about every week! Surprisingly, it’s not a difficult task to add a new user to your account- sometimes Google makes simple actions complicated…this is not one of them! The whole process can take under a minute. Here a step-by-step video to walk you through the process:
Here are the steps again:
- Go to analytics.google.com and login into your account- you will need your Gmail address and password
- Once your account opens, click on “Admin” in the bottom left corner of the screen
- Under “Account” in the top left corner, click on “User Management”
- Click on the blue button in the top right corner then click “Add Users”
- Enter the email address of the person you want to add to your account and check the boxes for to give them specific permissions. The email needs to be hosted with Google’s G-Suite. Basically, if you are logging into your email by going to mail.google.com, you have a G-Suite account. If you enter in your email address and it doesn’t allow you to continue in Google Analytics, you will have to sign up for a Gmail account before continuing
- Click “Add” in the top right corner
You’re done! You’ve just added a new user to your Google Analytics account! Happy marketing!
Mountain Mojo Group is located in Flagstaff, Williams, the White Mountains, and Page, Arizona and provides top-quality marketing solutions and design! Our team works with small businesses all across the state of Arizona, providing a variety of marketing and design services including, social media management, photography, videography, strategy, web design, graphic design, SEO, and paid search engine marketing. Our team of creatives is ready to tackle your next marketing project. Contact our team today at (928) 440-5301 or stop by one of our offices located throughout northern Arizona.
Nick Kogos is Mountain Mojo Group’s Digital Strategist and SEM/SEO Coordinator. When he’s not working, Nick is out biking, climbing, or writing.